Regalito is the best place in San Francisco to eat authentic, hand made Mexican food for people who enjoy humanly and sustainably sourced food.
You can make a reservation through our partner site, OpenTable. We'll have your table waiting.
Coming up with the name of the restaurant wasn't difficult. Regalito is spanish for, "Little Gift." This is what it felt like to sit at the kitchen counter watching my mother and grandmother spend the day preparing a meal; then sitting with the family and tasting the care that went into every bite. Thomas Peña
Thomas, spent several years refining family recipes and traveled for months in Mexico researching new menu items and cooking techniques. He studied baking and pastry at the California Culinary Academy and will prepare traditional desserts to accompany meals.
Regalito offers free-range rotisserie chicken and Niman Ranch meats for eat-in and take-out orders. We are committed to using organic, local, and sustainable foods whenever possible.
Regalito is proud to live, work and eat with people that value sustainably and humanly sourced food. We strive to be a leader in our community by creating a business that enriches the lives of its customers, employees and community.
Our Latest Press
- Thomas and James featured on Niman Ranch website: See the video here.
- Regalito wins first place in the Best Mexican Restaurant category on the San Francisco Chronicle / SFGate.com BayList.
- San Francisco Magazine "The Bay Areas best regional Mexican food"
- SF Weekly "The Best Dishes of 2007"
- SF Chronicle "500 attend 'Mole to Die for' cook-off"
- SF Chronicle "Practice makes perfect at Regalito Rosticeria"
- SFBG calls Regalito "Seductive"
- SFGate raves about our salsa-fresca guacamole
- 7x7 on our comida corrida and "superlative roast chicken"